Zig Ziglar, world-class salesman and motivational speaker, passed away on Wednesday the 28th of November, 2012 of pneumonia in his home in Plano, Texas. He was 86 years old. Ziglar focused his endeavors on helping others to achieve success in both their professional and personal lives. He often used scripture and a focus on Christianity in his speeches and books as a means to motivate and direct others.
Born in 1926 as the 10th child out of 12, Hilary Hinton Ziglar lost his father at a young age and was raised in poverty. Ziglar says that his challenging childhood taught him how to work hard and connect with others. After serving in the Navy during WWII he began as a struggling salesman. In the 1950s he began speaking in public as part of his sales job but did not start his professional speaking career until the 1970s.
Ziglar became known as the undisputed king of motivational speaking and has helped millions of individuals that have attended his various events and read his books (of which he wrote over two dozen!). Ziglar’s firm, based in Dallas, features more than a dozen public speakers that are trained in advocating the “Ziglar Way” and will continue to offer motivation and performance training to those that wish to learn from one of the best.
Ziglar not only motivated people to be more successful, he motivated them to be better in every aspect of their life. He motivated them to treat others with kindness, to give to those around you and to help others find success. If all in our world lived like Ziglar, the world would be a truly wonderful place! We will miss this wonderful man and icon. In his honor, we will leave you with some of his most popular and poignant statements.
- “If you can dream it, then you can achieve it.”
- “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
- “Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.”
- “Success if the maximum utilization of the ability that you have.”
- “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”
- “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarse. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”
- “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.”
- “Many marriages would be better if the husband and the wife clearly understood that they are on the same side.”
- “There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.”
- “Far too many people have no idea what they can do because all they have been told is what they can’t do.”
- “Building a better you is the first step to building a better America.”
- “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
About Morris Hall:
At Morris Hall, we have focused our legal practice on estate planning for over 40 years. Along with estate planning, our attorneys help clients and their families with matters of probate, trust administration, wills, power of attorneys, business planning, succession planning, legacy planning, charitable gifting and other important legal aspects. We also have divisions in financial, real estate and accounting to help you incorporate all of your planning together, ensuring that everything works perfectly for your needs and situation. Our Arizona offices are located in Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Cave Creek, Tucson, Prescott, Flagstaff and Arrowhead. Our New Mexico offices are located in Albuquerque, Las Cruces and Santa Fe. Contact us today at 888.222.1328 to schedule an appointment!
This blog should be used for informational purposes only. It does not create an attorney-client relationship with any reader and should not be construed as legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney in your community who can assess the specifics of your situation.