Click Here to Learn How Morris-Hall PLLC is helping clients during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Please pass the mashed potatoes, and did you know I want to be cremated?”

Sound familiar? Probably not, because for most of us, we don’t like to talk to our loved ones about the “d” word, i.e. death. Perhaps having the conversation about your disposition of remains choice with your family over the Thanksgiving feast is not ideal, but eventually this discussion needs to take place with those you love.

It’s important to have this discussion now with your family so that the burden of making this end of life choice on your behalf is lifted from their shoulders at a very emotional time.

When I sit down for the first time with folks who either have no estate planning in place or are in front of me for a review of their existing plan, I always ask, “Have you talked with your loved ones about your disposition of remains choice?”  And most of the time the response is “not yet.” Before it’s too late, talk with your loved ones and let them know your wishes.

A few years ago, Arizona law changed the Healthcare Power of Attorney and the choice of disposition of remains. Please contact one of our attorneys to make sure your Healthcare Power of Attorney is in statutory compliance.

What the Attorneys of Morris Hall Can Do For You:
The attorneys at Morris Hall have 100’s of years of combined experience ensuring that families’ assets are protected from probate, unnecessary taxes, creditors, ex-spouses and Medicaid spend-down.  The attorneys also help those in Arizona and New Mexico to apply for and receive Medicaid assistance and Veterans Benefits.  Our Arizona offices are located in Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Cave Creek, Tucson, Prescott, Flagstaff and Arrowhead.  Our New Mexico offices are located in Albuquerque, Las Cruces and Santa Fe.  Contact us today at 888.222.1328 to schedule an appointment!

This blog should be used for informational purposes only.  It does not create an attorney-client relationship with any reader and should not be construed as legal advice.  If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney in your community who can assess the specifics of your situation.

Leave a Reply