Click Here to Learn How Morris-Hall PLLC is helping clients during the COVID-19 pandemic.

How do I fund my trust?

By March 16, 2015

Funding a trust entails transferring assets you own as an individual into the name of your trust. For some assets, our law firm makes the transfers and prepares the documents for you to sign, for example, real estate. For other assets that our law firm is unable to change for you, we will give you instructions as to how title is changed, and will provide you with the necessary paperwork. For example, to fund your trust with bank accounts, a letter is prepared for you to take to the bank to change title of your accounts. You will have to go to the bank in person to sign a new signature card as trustee of your trust.