Click Here to Learn How Morris-Hall PLLC is helping clients during the COVID-19 pandemic.

19 Children Means You Should Definitely Have a Plan in Place!

By August 2, 2013Estate Planning

The Bates and the Duggars families are tied as America’s largest families – both with 19 children.  While meeting the needs of all of those children can be time consuming, we hope that both of these families have taken the time to put in place a plan for their children in case a tragedy should occur.  What happens to that many children if the parents pass away without a plan in place?  They would either be divided among various family and friends, if they were willing, or would become wards of the state.  Without planning ahead, this is the possibility for any family – whether you have one child or 19.

If you have minor children, you need to have a plan in place that dictates who will care for them if you no longer can.  Ideally, you should also set aside funds to help with the raising of that child as their new guardians will be taking on those additional expenses.  Part of loving and raising our children is that we provide for their needs, which also means ensuring their needs are met if we are no longer around.

Schedule a free consultation with an MH Estate Planning attorney to ensure that you have the proper documents in place to care for your loved ones…no matter what may happen.  Call today at 888.222.1328.

What the Attorneys of Morris Hall Can Do For You:
The attorneys at Morris Hall have 100’s of years of combined experience ensuring that families’ assets are protected from probate, unnecessary taxes, creditors, ex-spouses and Medicaid spend-down.  The attorneys also help those in Arizona and New Mexico to apply for and receive Medicaid assistance and Veterans Benefits.  Our Arizona offices are located in Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Cave Creek, Tucson, Prescott, Flagstaff and Arrowhead.  Our New Mexico offices are located in Albuquerque, Las Cruces and Santa Fe.  Contact us today at 888.222.1328 to schedule an appointment!

This blog should be used for informational purposes only.  It does not create an attorney-client relationship with any reader and should not be construed as legal advice.  If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney in your community who can assess the specifics of your situation.

Leave a Reply