James P. Plitz
Connect with James Plitz on LinkedIn
James Philip Plitz (“Jim”) was born and raised in central New Jersey. He received his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the College of New Jersey, and attained his Masters in Business Administration from Lehigh University.
For the next 10 years, Jim worked as a project manager for a number of fortune 100 companies. Despite his success in this area, Jim felt unfulfilled and wanted a profession where he could make a difference. This desire led him to move to Arizona to pursue a career in law.
Jim graduated magna cum laude and at the top of his class with his Juris Doctorate from the Phoenix School of Law, and attained the 2nd highest score on the February 2011 Arizona bar exam. He then passed the July 2011 bar exam in New Mexico. During school, he also enjoyed great success and honors as part of the Phoenix Law Review – both as an editor and a contributing writer.
Jim worked as an intern at MHK during his time at the Phoenix School of Law. Upon his completion, he was welcomed into the firm as one of the estate planning attorneys. Jim has enjoyed his tenure with Morris, Hall & Kinghorn; helping in their endeavors to protect the estates of each client, providing them with the peace of mind they deserve.
Jim feels that everyone should have justice, and thus intends to volunteer his services for various pro bono endeavors – ensuring that justice is possible even for those who cannot afford legal services. He also volunteers his time and provides resources to support dog rescue and adoption with the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
Jim and his wife, Fatima, reside in Placitas with their son, Remy, and their two dogs, Yoda & Sissy.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Planning
- Pet Trusts
- Charitable Giving
- Trust Administration
- Arizona, 2011
- New Mexico, 2011
- Phoenix School of Law, Phoenix, Arizona
- Juris Doctor (Magna Cum Laude) – 2010
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- M.B.A. – 2004
- Major: Finance
- Major: Entrepreneurialism
- The College of New Jersey, Ewing, New Jersey
- B.S. – 1996
- Major: Accounting
- Manage What Matters: Project Management Tools to Grow a Legal Practice, Phoenix Law Review, 2010
Honors and Awards
- Managing Editor, Phoenix Law Review Vol IV
- Strategic Operations Editor, Phoenix Law Review Vol III
- Governor Raul Castro Scholarship for Academic Excellence, 2010 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, 2011 – Present
- State Bar of Arizona, 2011 – Present
- Maricopa County Bar of Arizona, 2010 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Inn of Courts, Lorna Lockwood, 2009 – Present
- State Bar of New Mexico, 2011 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Scottsdale Prosecutor’s Office
- Travelers Insurance Company
- Prudential Financial