David T. Eastman
Connect with David Eastman on LinkedIn
David Thomas Eastman, born in Provo, Utah has traveled the world gaining an appreciation for the diversity of cultures and a profound understanding of the importance of families. This serves him well as an estate planning attorney with Morris Hall.
David was educated first at Brigham Young University in both Hawaii and Provo , finishing with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology. During that time he spent two years in England doing volunteer work for his church. In 2003, while attending California Western School of Law, David received the Wiley Manual Award for his pro bono services for the San Diego Volunteer Program.
David finished his legal education at Arizona State University College of Law where he focused on Estate Planning and earned his Juris Doctorate degree. During his last semester, David worked in the Phoenix Public Defender’s Office where he participated in misdemeanor trials. He was given honors for his trial advocacy skills while performing a mock trial before the Honorable Raymond Lee of the Maricopa County Superior Court.
In 2005, David joined the team at Morris Hall as a legal assistant and then an attorney in the Estate Administration Department. It is here that he has learned the importance of having a well-drafted estate plan and the complications that can arise by not having one. He is also a member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys. David and his wife Kimber have three daughters, Tyler, Madix and Tayte.
While David practices in all areas regarding estate planning, he focuses especially on the areas of Estate Administration and Probate. He has excelled in these fields and has helped many families and individuals through these situations. David continues to assist families and individuals through this difficult time of loss by helping facilitate the administration of the assets and, when necessary, eases their way through the potential struggles of probate.
David recently worked as a co-writer on the Arizona Estate and Probate Planning Handbook. This book serves as a reference to assist attorneys and court judges to successfully navigating through the probate process. His guidance and direction coming from his experience with estate administration and probate makes his contribution to the handbook a critical part of its success.
- Arizona, 2007
- Arizona State University, College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- Juris Doctorate
- Brigham Young University
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Major: Psychology
- Arizona Estate and Probate Planning Handbook, Book, 2008
- West Law Probate Handbook for Arizona Attorneys, Book, 2008
- How Can I Protect my Assets and Reduce Estate Taxes?, Phoenix Business Journal, 2008
- Should my Living Trust be the Beneficiary of my Retirement Account?, Phoenix Business Journal, 2007
- How Can I Protect my Children’s Inheritance from Divorce or their Creditors?, Phoenix Business Journal, 2007
- Basic Estate Planning, 2007 – Present
- What Happens When You Die? What Your Trust Can Do For You., 2007 – Present
- Veterans Benefits and How You Could Be Eligible for an Additional $1,949 Monthly., 2009 – Present
Honors and Awards
- Wiley Manual Award, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, 2003 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, 2007 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2007 – Present
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2007 – Present
- State Bar of Arizona, 2007 – Present
Articles by Estate Planning Attorney David Eastman